REDUCING THE IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT
In recent years, we have put in place various initiatives to decrease the footprint of the manufacturing process.
- Installation of a co-generation plant to optimize consumption of fossil fuels and limit CO2 emissions
- Implementation of an Energy Savings Program to reduce TOE (tons of oil equivalent) and the carbon footprint of our activities
- Implementation of the Clean Energy Project through a solar photovoltaic system
- Reduction of water consumption thanks to the replacement of the cooling systems
- Installation of a solvent recovery unit to reduce VOC (Volatile Organic Substances) emissions
- ISO 14011 and SMETA 4 pillars certification
OFFERING INNOVATIVE AND SUSTAINABLE PACKAGING SOLUTIONS
Recyclability, marine litter and the circular economy of flexible packaging, especially for single-use applications.
Consumer safety, especially for children, with respect to products that are at risk of tampering on the shelf.
Design easy-to-recycle packaging
- Monomaterial laminates and pouches, ready for recycling
Give a second life to our caps
- BrickCap®:a collectable cap that can be used as a building block
- SpinCap: a cap that works both as a spinning top and a playing dice
Use less input material without compromising performance
- Aluminum-free high-barrier laminates and pouches
- Redesign caps and laminates to reduce environmental impact
Use of materials from renewable sources
- High-barrier paper pouches
- Compostable laminates for dry applications
- Bio-based caps, laminates and high-barrier pouches
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- BabyCap®: the large size of the cap prevents accidental swallowing by our youngest consumers
- WavyCap has the same safety characteristics as BabyCap® but with a different design for on-shelf differentiation and less use of plastic
- The NEW BabyCap+ is the most innovative solution in terms of product safety. In fact, its innovative mechanism immediately calls attention to a previous opening.
The social projects and activities promoted by Gualapack and the SociAL Foundation are inspired by some of the 17 goals of the United Nations.
In Italy, Gualapack is engaged in social and environmental projects through the SociAL Foundation.
The SociAL Foundation was established by the Guala family and its companies to invest part of the proceeds of the Group to support initiatives that favor social integration, economic assistance and promotion of culture.
MAIN PRINCIPLES OF THE FOUNDATION:
- Justice and social equality
- Democratic participation
- Liberty and security of persons
- Trust and solidarity among generations
REST OF THE WORLD
Our production sites in the rest of the world promote local initiatives, managing them independently.
- Educational projects
- Financial support to healthcare facilities
- Support to humanitarian organisations
- Assistance to people struck by natural catastrophes